Friday, October 22, 2010

Assignment 2: Social Organizations

I found the second major group project to be very useful. This assignment was very interesting for me because I was interested in learning more about different social organizations. For this project, my group choose the social organization Mothers Against Drunk Driving, also known as MADD. This assignment was very useful because we were able to connect what we leaned in class to the real world. One component of this assignment that I enjoyed was that we had to find different artifact on the MADD website that were related to different concepts in the textbook. This project was also very informative because we had to truly learn what the social organization was fighting for and what their stance was on certain social issues. Another component of this project that I enjoyed was that we got to work in groups and work together to complete this assignment. Overall, I found this assignment to be very helpful and informative.

1 comment:

  1. hi Kenny!

    I agree about the second group project being the more useful one in the two. My group and I also learned a lot more about our social organization after doing research on it and writing about it. Ours was the American Cancer Society, and like you guys, we learned a bunch of different information after doing a project on it. We also used what we knew prior to this project and what we learned after doing research to connect it to our daily lives and to further understand our knowledge to use in life and possibly the future. I like how our groups both chose organizations that are useful to ourselves in our daily lives as well as others. Great choice on the social organization by the way, I would love to learn more about what your organization does and how it runs!

    ReplyDelete