Saturday, October 23, 2010

Fallacies

One concept in the class that we have discussed that I believe needed to be further researched is Fallacies. After reading the section of the textbook that discussed this topic, I felt that I did not fully understand some concepts involving fallacies. One website that I found helpful was http://www.unc.edu/depts/wcweb/handouts/fallacies.html. I felt that this website helped me better understand fallacies. One concept that this website helped me understand was arguments. Under the argument section of this website it talks about using good premises. It says that good premises are ones that you have good reason to believe are true and relevant to the issue at hand. Another point that this website made about arguments was that they should provide good support for the conclusion. One section of this website that really helped me better understand this concept was the section that described each fallacy in detail and provided good examples for each fallacy.

No comments:

Post a Comment