Thursday, November 11, 2010

Reasoning Examples

Example of Reasoning by Analogy:
"Spot is a dog and Spot barks.
Max is a dog.
Max will bark."
Example of Sign Reasoning:
"When its winter season, it must be cold outside."
Example of Causal Reasoning:
"My grade is poor because my teacher does not like me."
Example of Reasoning by Criteria:
"This car has all of the features that you were looking for. Are you interested in buying it." "You need to buy this car, it's sick."
Example of Reasoning by Example:
"You should come to the gym with me. One of my friends doesn't
go to the gym and he is unhealthy."
Example of Inductive Reasoning:
Premise: "My teacher has showed up to class every day this semester."
Conclusion: "My teacher will show up to class tomorrow."
Example of Deductive Reasoning:
"All cats are lazy. Jinx is a cat. Jinx is lazy."

Overall, I felt this exercise was very helpful and helped me better understand these examples of different types of reasoning.

1 comment:

  1. I enjoyed reading your post because it was witty and fun to read. The way you set up your example was very good and your examples were very straightforward and easy to read witch I really enjoyed. I especially enjoyed your example of jinx the cat and how all cats are lazy so jinx is lazy it was just as informative as it was funny. I also liked how relatable your examples were especially the gym and teacher ones because I have actually said those examples to friends I know. Overall I really enjoyed reading you post and hope you keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete